Textile Exam Notes Chapters 6,7 and 8
* Generic Names – Similar chemical composition
* Cross-dye able fibers – NOT colored
* Trade Names- Company Name
* Three General Steps of spinning process:
* Fiber Size largest to smallest:
Microfiber – Technical Application
* Dope- raw materials dissolved
* Melt- polymer generated
* Wet spinning: -Dissolved by chemicals
-Spun into chemical bath
* Example generic name: DACRON
* Tencity- Increase Stretching or drawing
* Antisitatic -Additives to polymer or spinning Solution process Delustering – Additives to polymer or spinning Solution process Change in cross sectional shape -Spinneret Modification
Fiber size and shape- Spinneret Modification
* Bicomponet- COMPLEX modification
* Low pilling- Molecular structure
* Self-crimping- Modification of fiber spinning
* Azlon- regenerated protein fiber
* Fiber spinning is the process used whereby a chemical solution isd converted into filament fiber.
* Lyocell is NOT a type acetate
* Rayon is significantly heavier than cotton.
* Solution dyed Fibers are NOT modified for to accept dye more readily.
* Parent Fibers are NOT fiber that a have been modified for specific end uses.
* Cross-Dyeable fibers are NOT colored when they are extruded.
* Acetate is often used in lining fabrics because of its smooth, slick surface and ease of handling in sewing facilities.
* Acetate has poor abrasion and heat sensitive.
* Antistatic compounds increase the electrical conductivity of fibers
* Dry Spinning is the spinning method used to produce acetate.
-fibrillate with abrasion
* Picks up color from soil and wash water
Please join StudyMode to read the full document