Student ID: 21955941
Exam: 084082RR - Basic Chemistry of Drug Molecules
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam. Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. The two most well-known alkaline earth metals are
A. calcium and magnesium.
B. magnesium and barium.
C. strontium and radium.
D. calcium and barium.
2. Refer to the periodic table of elements (Figure 30 in your study unit) to help you answer this question. The molecular formula of calcium chloride is CaCl2. What is the molecular weight of this drug? A. 111.1
3. Benzene is a cyclic structure containing how many carbons? A. Eight
4. The insulin molecule contains _______ amino acids.
5. Which of the following drugs is a polypeptide?
A. Tissue plasminogen activator (t-pa)
B. Codeine sulfate
C. Amitriptyline hydrochloride (Elavil)
6. Compounds made from living sources all contain the element
7. Phenol has a functional group known as the _______ group present in the molecule. A. methyl
8. Refer to the periodic table of elements (Figure 30 in your study unit) to help you answer this question. The molecular formula of citrate is C6H8O7. What is the molecular weight of this drug? A. 29.08
9. _______ is a compound formed from combining a carboxylic acid and an alcohol. A. Ether
10. How many additional electrons does carbon need in its outer shell to achieve the greatest stability as an atom?...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document