Chemistry Final Exam
Directions: It is important that you provide answers in your own words. Please focus only on information from the text/eBook to create your own solutions. Please do not use direct information from an outside source (especially copying and pasting from an “answer” website). Use of direct information from an outside source is against school policy. All answers will be checked for plagiarism. Instances of plagiarism can result in probation or possible dismissal from the school. Please be sure to follow all guidelines (number of sentences/showing all calculations) and to provide the correct metric units of measure. All questions are 5 points (1 point for sentence number /units).
1. A student collected the following data for a fixed volume of gas: Temperature (⁰C)
Pressure (mm of Hg)
Fill in the missing data point. Show all calculations leading to an answer.
2. You are given a clear solution of KNO3. Using 3 – 4 sentences (in your own words) explain how you would determine if the solution is unsaturated, saturated or supersaturated.
3. Explain why gasoline will not dissolve in water.
4. Explain in 3 – 4 sentences (in your own words) how perspiration helps keep you cool on a hot day.
5. You have two sealed jars of water at the same temperature. In the first jar there is a large amount of water. In the second jar there is a small amount of water. Using 3 -4 sentences explain how the vapor pressure of water in the first jar compares with the vapor pressure of water in the second jar.
6. Using 3 – 4 sentences explain (in your own words) why water expands when it freezes?
7. An aqueous solution is labeled as 0.25 m NaCl. What is the mole fraction of the solute in this solution? Show all calculations leading to an answer.
8. An aqueous solution freezes at -3.47⁰C. What is its...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document