Higher Education (HI ED) 302
The Role of the Resident Assistant: Theory and Practice
The Pennsylvania State University-Spring 2015
Schedule Number 520693, Section 1
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Spring 2015 Syllabus
Tues., January 13
Large Group 108 Forum Bldg.
Introductions and Expectations
• Summarize the class syllabus.
• Angel: Take the True Colors Personality Test found in the Angel Assignment Folder
• World in Conversation/Western and Middle Eastern Exchange. Due Date: See Handout
Thurs., January 15
True Colors Personality Test
• Identify other students in the class.
• Identify his/her personality “color” via the “True Colors Personality Assessment”.
• Explain how knowledge of his/her personality can be helpful while working with others in a group setting.
• Each student will receive instructions on how to purchase, register, and how to take the Strength Quest Assessment.
• Angel: “Strengths Quest Users Guide” found in the Angel Assignments. This reading will instruct the students how to register and take the Strengths Quest Assessment.
• Angel: “Strengths Quest Quick User Card” in Angel Handouts.
Tues., January 20
• Identify their 5 Signature Themes.
• Compare how the same themes are experienced similarly and differently. • Reflect on the different Signature Themes of other in the class. Homework
• Textbook: Foubert: Chapter 1, pp. 1-5
• Angel: Working with College Students and Student Development Theory Primer
• Angel: 7 Vectors by Arthur Chickering
http://www.cabrini.edu/communications/ProfDev/cardevChickering.html • Angel: Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs:
• Angel: Kohlberg’s Stages of Moral Development
Please join StudyMode to read the full document