AMERICA’S FAVORITE THRILLS
"GO BIG! GO SIX FLAGS!"
Strategic Marketing plan for SIX FLAGS
* Table of Contents
PORTER FIVE ANALYSIS
VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS
INTERNAL STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESS
MARKET DEVELOPMENT: FINDING ASIAN PARTNER
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT: CUTTING THE COST
COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS
WORD COUNT= 4083(excluding citation and reference)
Six flags is the world’s largest amusement park based on the holding of properties and 5th largest entertainment place based on its visitor attendance In 2009, six flags served 23.9 million guests; it is the largest by any Entertainment corporation. Company carries 14 properties in United States which includes water parks, thrill parks, games and family entertainment Centres. (Themeparkpost.com, August 30, 2012).
Angus Wynne founded six flags Entertainment Corporation in the year 1961. It was just started as Theme park at first, but now it offers amusement parks, games, restaurants, Zoological parks, children areas, concerts and shows. It is a public listed company and listed on Newyork Stock Exchange (NYSE). This form has its corporate office in Newyork and headquartered at Texas. It is active in three countries such as United States, Canada, and Mexico with 39 operating parks. James Reid-Anderson is the current chairman and Al Weber is current CEO of the company. (USA Travel guide, 2012)
Company’s net income is 13.14 million (2011) and Revenue seems to 1.013 billion (2011). It carries about 1900 full-time employees and 27,000 seasonal employees. It carries a debt of 120 million, due to the lack of cash-flow. (Six flags, 2012). MISSION STATEMENT
“To deliver family fun and create fond memories for all the guests”. This shows six flags acts as a place for family entertainer and fulfil the desires of the people. VISION STATEMENT
“To make the customers delightful by providing world class products and services which meets the expectation of the people” This show the six flags are establishing their products and services with global standards of safety to satisfy customer needs. VALUES AND OBJECTIVES:
The goals and values of the six flags are:
* To be environmental friendly to reduce waste and emissions. * To implement zero waste initiatives and minimize product footprints. * To increase and improve recycling process.
These values act as a heart of six flags. They are not ready to negotiate or compromise on any of the factors to improve the company to the next level (Six flags, 2012).
A. EXTERNAL ANALYSIS
This analyse about the outside environmental factors such as demographics, social/cultural, customers, suppliers and competitors of SIX Flags. i) PEST Analysis
United States elections are likely to be held on November 2012. Even power changes, political stability will be always maintained there. Also both the people encourage tourism sector as it is one of the largest sector of revenue generation.
During his rule, Obama visited Disney world and conducted election campaigns near Magic kingdom to support their views (Sara K. Clarke, Jan 19, 2012). This shows both have the positive views towards tourism sector. Hence we will not experience any problems at present, but it may happen in the future of political changeover.
* Socio-Economic Factor
There are two important factors which may affect the socio-economic culture of the Americans. They are: 1) Ageing of society – Importance of Singles and Empty nesters
Like rest of the world, US are an ageing society. In Between 2000-2050, the age of group of 65+ is expected to increase by 135% in 2050. (Joshua M...
References: 2. Joshua M Wiener and Jane Tilly,(1996) Oxford Journals, “International Journal of Epdemiology”, Volume 31, Issue 4, page 776-781.
3. Pierson K Weber 2011, “Porter five forces on theme park” Tuesday March 8, 2012. http://mpierson18.blogspot.sg/2011/03/seca-1b-porters-5-forces-in-theme-park.html [Accessed on 15/08/2012].
4. Oswald A Mascarenhas, Ram Kesavan, Michael Bernacchi, “Customer value-chain involvement for co-creating customer delight.” The Journal of Consumer Marketing. 2004, Nov 10; 21(7):486-496. [ Accessed on 21/08/2012]
6. Darien Lake (2007), “New products at IIPAA”, Themeparkpost.com, http://www.themeparkpost.com/index/2012465-two-new-products-from-water-wars-at-iaapa-2012 ;Accessed on [02/08/2012]
8. Kathryn Hopkins (2012), “World’s richest persons: Asians at the top”, “The times”
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/money/consumeraffairs/article3551189.ece ; Accessed on [ 20/09/2012]
9. Kevin.H.James (2012), “The highlight of attractions; Hong Kong, Asia’s world city”, discoverhongkong.com, http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/see-do/highlight-attractions/index.jsp ; Accessed on [25/09/2012]
Please join StudyMode to read the full document